Deadline: Monday, October 7, 2019 at 11:59pm EDT
- Oral Presentation | Accepted oral presentations will be required to submit a manuscript to the The American Surgeon. If your abstract is not selected as an Oral presentation, it will automatically be considered for a Quickshot Oral presentation.
- Quickshot Oral Presentation | Quickshot Oral presentations may be formatted as scientific presentations or case reports and do not require manuscript submission. Quickshot Oral submissions will be considered for non-podium presentation opportunities.
- Video Presentation | Video presentations do not require manuscript submission. However, accepted videos will be invited to submit to The American Surgeon at the author’s discretion. If your video is not selected for a Video podium presentation, it will be considered for a Video Quickshot Oral presentation.
- The abstract body (not counting abstract title or author string) must not exceed 400 words
- One optional graph/photo or table is accepted (.jpg format only)
- Video format: Must not exceed 8 minutes, sound optional (MOV or MP4 formats only)
- No reference to the authors or the institution should appear within the body of the abstract
- You do not need to be a Southeastern Surgical Congress member to submit an abstract for consideration. However, if none of the authors are SESC members, you will need a member to sponsor your submission. For assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Duplicate Submission Policy:
Abstracts that have been previously presented at a state or local level are permitted to submit to the SESC, contingent that the prior presentation did not result in formal publication.
You will need the following information before you submit your abstract.
- Principal Contact & Contact Information (name, address, phone number and email address)
- Name and email address of sponsoring member (if none of the authors are SESC members)
- List of Authors
- Abstract body (400 words or less)
- Optional graph/photo or table (.jpg only)
- Optional video for video submissions (MP4 or MPV formats only)
- 2 Self-Assessment Questions (avoid true false and negatively phrased stem)